View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 02:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ok looking back now and thinking about everything I am concerned this could of actually been an infection in my molar. When I tooth was open before the molar was sealed with the inlay I did notice a slight twinge when I was going to sleep one night but it was only a few times and then it went. I also noticed that the hole really stunk when the dentist was using the tool that blow with a bit of water to clean the hole out. My inlay also stunk quite bad to. Now yesterday and the day before I had quite a yucky taste in my mouth that smelt awful. What I;m thinking is, is it possible that the infection actually started to pick up yesterday and because I started taking the amoxicillin at 11am it didnt have a chance to really get fully infected? At the moment I am sitting here with hardly any pain at all and this is after taking my 5th tablet of amoxicillin. I was originally taking it for an infection on my upper extracted wisdom tooth extraction where the dentist thought I had a gum infection. Another thing I noticed is when It was quite painful last night the tooth molar behind the inlay felt like it has risen up out of place and it didn't feel right.

I'm not sure how it could of gotten infected though as I don't have any cavaitys in that tooth my dentist told me. Also what can I do now? The fact the infection maybe taken care of there is no way even if I went to the dentist he could tell I had an infection. So basically I'm thinking I'm going to have to wait until it gets infected again for him to see the problem and extract it.

On the other hand if it is actually the inlay that caused all this then maybe its gotten better because I have noticed the inlay tooth does not feel so tight anymore and I have also flossed in there quite a bit as at first I could not even get a bit of floss in there but I eventually forced it in and then the tooth felt a bit better.

I have to admit its rather scary as I have had an abscessed tooth before which was so painful it put me out for two days. I then had it removed, I have also suffered two gum infections from a wisdom tooth skin flap which were also painful.
ocd27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote