View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:27 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifthespiritmovesme View Post
Wow, Nanc!

You sure have a tough row to hoe...my heart goes out for you. What is RSD?
I have a lot of sensitivites - chemicals, metals, band-aid sticky - even (now don't laugh at this....) the thread-like stitches they use to sew you up after surgery!!! My early surgical scars are WIDE! I have to have staples. Completely screwed up my Breast Lift!

I'll be near Mom's Organic Market (MOM's) in a couple weeks. I'm kinda stuck in the boondocks here - not a whole lot of the specialty places nearby. Also I don't have a car, and public transportation here is lousy. I'll be sure and check out all their B & B stuff. Glad I'll be there right after I get my disability check! GF ain't cheap....

After doing some reading here, I realize I have to get new pots and pans, too!! I often wonder if I have been exposed unknowingly, because I'll have "effects". I've probably been poisoning myself every time I cook! I just bought a new cutting board, so...

Thanks so much for all of you help!!!
RSD is Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy, now known as Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS), it is a chronic neurological syndrome characterized by: severe burning pain; pathological changes in bone and skin; excessive sweating;
tissue swelling; extreme sensitivity to touch. RSD/CRPS is a malfunction of part of the nervous system. Nerves misfire, sending constant pain signals to the brain. It develops in response to an event the body regards as traumatic, such as an accident or a medical procedure. According to the McGill Pain Index, RSD is the most painful chronic disease known.

I have had RSD for 23 years now. It began in my face and now I have it throughout most of my body. I am unable to work now There is a RSD/CRPS forum here that I normally post on, but happened to see your post

Not laughing at you about the stitches....I have weird reactions to weird stuff too, glad I am not alone. I had my two spinal cord stimulators removed Thursday and my husband has to change my bandages daily...it is torture! I have all these red, irritated spots from the adhesive...so aggravating.

You very well could be exposing yourself to gluten unknowingly. I did not go as far as getting new pots and pans when I went GF. I scrubbed them very well. But if it is something porous, it can hold the gluten...like baking stones, seasoned iron skillets, colanders. I have baking stones for GF and separate ones for my husband and they are stored separately. It is good that you got a new cutting board!!

You are right, GF ain't cheap at all! Since you do not have a car and live in the boondocks, online ordering might be better! I order from Amazon all the time Hopefully you can find some stuff at MOM's!

Good luck!
Nanc
Nanc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-16-2014)