View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 08:31 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Neck Pain Sudden as first symptom? - PD, MSA

Hi everyone 45 yr old female and experiencing a bunch of scary symptoms. Back of head headache since August, and severe burning neck and trap pain and shoulder pain that radiates down back of arms and midback. This all started with some adrenaline type head rushes, palpitations and waves of dizziness over Thanksgiving during a virus. Those have disappeared. But now I have terrible joint and face pain, ear aches that precipitate headaches and neck pain that comes on in waves but is daily and consistent. I have terrible terrible insomnia as well. There may be some autonomic issues at play as well. i dont have orthostatic hypotension, rather, I have very very low blood pressure that actually rises when I stand up and my heart rate goes up. May be something called POTS syndrome. Going for autonomic testing soon.

Anyway, my question is for PD is the neck pain that sudden and daily for a month straight as a presenting symptom? Its not a stiffness per se. I can turn my head in all different directions and that does not illicit the pain. It just comes on in a nerve burning fashion out of the blue. I do have many C6-C7 severe stenosis issues but have felt that generally as a pinched nerve, not like this. I feel like all the fascia around my neck and shoulders are on fire.

I do have some some weird "tugging" pains in my soles and palms on my right side, and my right arm seems to want to hold onto someting if that makes sense, (I think thats nerves bc this ordeal is wearing me out) but no tremor or other PD symptoms. Balance still good. No slowness or weakness. My neuro is stumped. 3 MRI's MRA's, blood tests, lumbar puncture. I was just looking for an explanation of the neck presentation in PD. Neuro does not think PD. I also got myself nervous bc of my autonomic issues by looking up MSA and wondering if the combo of autonomic issues and possible PD issues = MSA. I do have LYmes so this could just be the old bug rearing its head during a stressful time...... Thanks!
Pyr2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote