View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 06:37 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Maybe she needs a kitten to occupy her?

Bombay cats have this intense devotion too.
Weez has that devotion thing and the fur and
body type of Bombays.

You could try some prey type play with
Her. Also put a small article of your clothing
in her sleeping spot.

But I think a feline friend may be the solution.
Our late Tippy became clingy on me after old
Sheba died -- 20 yrs they were together.
Tippy died soon after that of a stroke..and I
think it was a grief reaction.

edit to add: Maya also will follow me to the loo. If I get up from a chair I'll say... mama is going pee pee, and she will then follow me and use the litter box I keep in that
bathroom!

Playing games with your cat before you retire for sleep, may help because she may be frustrated and not have an outlet for prey and hunting. I have several games for Maya where she follows a string, uses her springs, I shoot the discs and we do a bitebite thing with a stick under a towel. Once she bites the towel for a few minutes she goes and takes a NAP. We have not kept a cat inside 100% before...but since Houdini disappeared (very painful for US)...I decided to keep this feral inside. At first it was pretty easy as she is a fraidy cat. But now she is trying to escape. So I am going to have to do something. Maybe the training on a leash will work? Houdini was feral too...and our first. She disappeared after a month of my usual training outside. Someone may have let her in and kept her (our Vet thinks this happened)...but I don't think I could stand another loss like this.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 01-15-2014 at 07:11 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-16-2014)