View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 12:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Where's Jennifer?

I'm gonna reply for those other's out there reading this.

Getting diagnosed with type 2 diabetes is not pleasant,but I have to agree with Michael-it's really not that big a deal as long as you accept it (denial is the first reaction),and learn to adjust your lifestyle & eating habits.

This is a disease that YOU have the power to control!

If you choose to ignore it-you will suffer the results,PN,kidney failure,even possible blindness,to name a few.

You can't cheat on this or you will only hurt yourself. It's a matter of self-control. I mentioned denial-that's the biggie for alot of us. We tend to think we can just go on eating whatever we want & tomorrow we will be "good". It doesn't work that way!

And I personally feel too many doctor's are ignorant about carbs & tend to hand out pills. I know people that eat a donut & take a pill! Now that just doesn't make any sense.

And keep in mind that everyone's body reacts differently. What one person can eat-another cannot. When we eat,when we exercise,when we test-these are all individual issues. Don't go by your spouse,neighbor,even what the doctor says. Keep a journal of your readings & learn how YOUR body reacts. Don't panic when you have a high reading,just stay away from that particular food.

My first doc actually told me to drink Slimfast between meals & I believed her! Do your own research. Read books written by diabetics-not promoters of various products or meds.

Get copies of all test results. If on meds make sure you know how your liver & kidneys are being affected.

Buttons
Buttons is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote