View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi ocd27,

The metal filling is called Amalgam and over time they corrode and break down. When an Amalgam filling comes loose and falls out of a tooth it usually indicates that there is decay underneath the filling and/or the filling was fractured. It may have felt like this filling was attached to your molar but it wasn't. I think what you were feeling was the filling covered the distal portion of the pre molar (back area of the tooth in between the two teeth) and it was probably bulky.

Okay.... your photos indicate that you are missing the wisdom tooth and the second molar on your lower ride side. I assume that is the area that you were referring to about extracting the impacted wisdom and second molar? I ask that because you mention pain in your lower right wisdom tooth... but it's been removed. Perhaps the pain in the wisdom tooth is on your left side? Is that the side you had the upper wisdom tooth removed in December? If that is the case, then you could be having referred pain from your upper jaw to your lower one either from the extraction process which may have caused a temporary strain on your TMJ joint and/or from an infection brewing in that wisdom tooth site. Did the dentist who extracted that tooth mention anything to you about a sinus exposure or perforation? When that occurs it can cause a bad breath odor and bad taste and it would need to be evaluated by the dentist.

I also think that your random pain, bad breath, feeling like your tooth is moving up in the gum may be caused (in part at least) by the build up of tartar because the gums are inflamed and irritated. The tartar also builds up in between the teeth making it difficult to floss properly. Do your gums ever bleed when you brush, floss or press on them?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocd27 View Post
Hi bryanna, Thank you for replying

Ok well I was eating on it about 7 years ago and some of the tooth broke off. My dentist then filled it with a metal filling. I think they're called allagram? Any way about a year ago the metal filling came loose and fell out. I personally believe this might of been from the fact the metal filling was attached to my molar. A year earlier I had to have a impacted wisdom tooth removed and the molar in front of it as the wisdom tooth had grew into it and damaged it Anyway When the filling fell out he said the only way he could save the tooth would be to give me an onlay filling, He decided to drill the tooth right down and then took an impression and i had a temp. I then went back and he fitted it It felt fine and I never had any problems with it. I was eating and it just came out with my food last Thursday. I went in to thursday and he re fitted it. What I dont understand is when he re fitted it he had to work on my bite again and file down the onlay which I didn't understand why because I thought it had been made to be a perfect fit. He even shaved a small bit of my upper molar to get the bite right.

I personally felt like the onlay was VERY tight and I couldn't even get any floss in between the teeth. I now cannot get any floss in between the premolar the the tooth in front of it as there is some of that bonding chemical there so its just solid.

My big concern is I am not sure IF I had an infection or not after the only was fitted. There was a terrible smell coming from the molar you said had a high tartar build up on and then it was having a deep dull ache which I could feel in the jaw. When I bit on the onlay and molar and food it felt like they were bonded together and the premolar was pulling the molar forward. It is possible that the infection did set in and that is the reason it became so tight? Infact when the tooth was aching most it felt raised and I was hitting it first when bitting but the strange thing is it didnt hurt to bite on!

I may sound like a wimp but I have had to be on amoxicillin 7 times in my life so far because of my teeth. I had had 4 abscess and they're awful. I seem to be prone to them even though I brush 2x a day and floss. I am worried I will become resistant.

Something does not feel right with my teeth since having my upper wisdom tooth removed on the 30th of dec 2013. I sometimes get a deep ache that last for a few seconds on my lower right wisdom tooth! I've been getting sensitive sharp pain in my upper front teeth the past week to. I keep getting a putrid taste in my mouth that comes and goes to.

Also I cannot ask to get my teeth cleaned from tartar as im on the NHS in england and They don't cover teeth cleaning. Also I cannot get a 2nd opinion as I live in a small town with 3 dentist and none are NHS and I cannot afford to go private.

Sorry for going on. My teeth situation is getting my down. If you would like more pictures I can provide them

Thank you
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote