View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 03:02 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Carol,

I would definitely choose the oral surgeon over the general dentist as this tooth is most likely going to break in pieces and he will be better equipped to remove all of it. A side note, it is important that the site be debrided thoroughly after the tooth is removed. This is suppose to be done routinely but it's best if the patient let the surgeon know that you want that done to be sure he does it.

If you were going to have a local anesthetic with the general dentist, then why not have that with the oral surgeon? Did the OS tell you you had to have IV sedation? Also, the bone in this area has a lot of bacteria and may not be healthy enough to receive the bone graft. The graft should only be done if the bone is healthy.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolwdm1970 View Post
hello bryanna,
thanks for taking time to answer my concern.
i am planning for the extraction. however, my general dentist charge me $200 to pull and cleaning with local anesth.
the oral surgeon i saw will charge me $260 extraction / $380 deep sedat / $450 replace bone graft = $1090.
can i just go for the $200 appointment ?? what will make huge difference by going to oral surgeon instead of general dentist ?

thanks,
carol

[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote