View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 03:14 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
Hi ocd27,

The metal filling is called Amalgam and over time they corrode and break down. When an Amalgam filling comes loose and falls out of a tooth it usually indicates that there is decay underneath the filling and/or the filling was fractured. It may have felt like this filling was attached to your molar but it wasn't. I think what you were feeling was the filling covered the distal portion of the pre molar (back area of the tooth in between the two teeth) and it was probably bulky.

Okay.... your photos indicate that you are missing the wisdom tooth and the second molar on your lower ride side. I assume that is the area that you were referring to about extracting the impacted wisdom and second molar? I ask that because you mention pain in your lower right wisdom tooth... but it's been removed. Perhaps the pain in the wisdom tooth is on your left side? Is that the side you had the upper wisdom tooth removed in December? If that is the case, then you could be having referred pain from your upper jaw to your lower one either from the extraction process which may have caused a temporary strain on your TMJ joint and/or from an infection brewing in that wisdom tooth site. Did the dentist who extracted that tooth mention anything to you about a sinus exposure or perforation? When that occurs it can cause a bad breath odor and bad taste and it would need to be evaluated by the dentist.

I also think that your random pain, bad breath, feeling like your tooth is moving up in the gum may be caused (in part at least) by the build up of tartar because the gums are inflamed and irritated. The tartar also builds up in between the teeth making it difficult to floss properly. Do your gums ever bleed when you brush, floss or press on them?

Bryanna
Sorry I think sometimes when I type I don't explain myself very well. I'm not very well educated

Ok the onlay is on the right side. This is the same side that I have had my molar and impacted wisdom tooth removed. My upper wisdom tooth that was removed was on the upper left side and the wisdom tooth on my lower left side is the one that seems to randomly throb though now thinking about the referd pain you mention it's possible its coming from the pain i'm having at my upper left wisdom extraction side. I'm pretty sure I have a bone sliver in there as there is something sharp and it catches on my finger if I run it on the outside of my gum.

Yea I do notice now you tell me its tartar I seem to have a lot of it! I will attach two pictures and you will be able to see for yourself. Is there anyway I can get rid of all this tartar? As I cannot afford to have it removed by a hygienist.

Also I decided to do a hot and warm water test on the onlay tooth and my molar behind it. I got no pain or sharp feelings from the very warm water in either teeth but when doing the cold water I noticed a sharp pain that stayed with the water and took a few seconds to go when I spat the water out, I could not figure which tooth it was SO I decided to use a ice lolly. I put it onto my molar and got NO pain at all only a normal cold feeling but when I put it onto the onlay..well it was such a sharp pain! It made me jump. It does not hurt when I put the ice onto the only but the actually part of my tooth thats left. It was seemed to take about 5 mins for it to settle down after!

Thank you for taking the time to reply to me. I cannot have a conversation like this with my dentist. He seems very quiet and it polish so communication is not his strong point but I do appreciate the fact he has taken NHS patients on and I don't think hes a bad dentist..I think.

One of my big fears bryanna is getting infections in my teeth and then an abscess and losing the teeth, I have so far taken 9 tables of amoxicillin 500mg. I am atm still getting a dull ache and a tightness around this only. I'm also getting that same dull ache near that wisdom tooth. Is it safe to say that it might not actually be an infection causing either of these as I'm taking the antibiotic? I'm taking it every 8 hours to make sure its spread through the day. I have had these before and they work on me normally after 24 hours.

Pic 1 is of the wisdom tooth I talk about. There is a small flap but that was cut back and I always brush hard on that bit to make sure I get anything out of it. I have actually had the flap cut right back also.

Pic 2 and 3 is for you to get a better look at the onlay and the awful tartar That I thought was just staining.

P.S my gums did used to bleed but I brought a new smaller head toothbrush and started to brush softer but yes sometimes when I floss it can bleed quite a bit. It bleeds actually in between the onlay premolar and molar quite often.
Attached Thumbnails
Pain in molar after pre molar inlay-rsz_20140115_191309-jpg   Pain in molar after pre molar inlay-rsz_20140115_191259-jpg   Pain in molar after pre molar inlay-rsz_20140115_191303-jpg  

Last edited by ocd27; 01-15-2014 at 05:21 PM.
ocd27 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote