View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi PriMe,

Tooth #27 is a lower right canine. The last upper molar on the left is either #17 a wisdom tooth or #18 the second molar.

The closing of your nostril can be from inflammation due to the bacteria living in that area from the infected tooth. The dentist could have perforated the apex (end of the root) of the tooth during the rc procedure which would cause further inflammation and possible a sinus infection.

Antibiotics are not always prescribed for every rc procedure. They are prescribed prior to the procedure when the tooth is badly infected. So chances are the tooth was infected and the procedure exacerbated the situation.

As a side note..... it is irrelevant "who" performs a root canal procedure. There are no "magic" techniques or potions used to differentiate one rc procedure from another. Paying extra money for an endodontist does not mean the procedure will be done any differently. It just means that the endodontist has more experience as this is all he does all day long. The procedure itself is limited because there is no access to the countless microscopic canals which will continue to harbor dead nerve tissue. So an rc procedure renders the tooth nutritionally deprived, necrotic and chronically inflamed/infected. It is performed in an attempt for a patient to "retain" the tooth for an undetermined amount of time. It is not intended to "cure" an unhealthy tooth and make it well again.

Extracting the tooth means to remove the source of the problem. If the infection has spread to the bone and/or the sinus then they are issues that have to be treated after the removal of the tooth. They cannot be treated effectively while the tooth is still present as the tooth is the chronic source of the problem.

Because the rc was done so recently, you could ask for a refund of some of your money if you choose to have the tooth removed now. It is wise to discuss replacement options with your general dentist prior to extracting the tooth.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriME View Post
I had a root canal on my last upper molar "27" if you will (last Thur). Today, I got a permanent filling on it.

This tooth is on the left side of my face.

As I write this, my left nostril is COMPLETELY plugged. When I hold my right nostril closed, I cannot breathe through my left nostril. When I hold my left nostril closed, my right nostril IS COMPLETELY, ASTONISHINGLY CLEAR.

I have no doubts that this is due to bacteria or whatever affecting my sinus emanating from a root canal that was not properly cleaned.

Can someone advise me on pulling a tooth after a root canal? I have no health issues of any kind, definitely no sinus issues, and I do not want this to become permanent - that would mean that I paid $1600 to give myself sinus issues.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitt (01-19-2014)