View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 06:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Not to make this my daily log, but I met up with Dr. Donahue today. Actually, he called me last night to start. Said a surgery had to be rescheduled so he was concerned he'd be short on time today so wanted to do some legwork prior to my arrival today so we weren't pinched for time.

I mean, how great is that? Most Dr's I know would have you show up after driving 2 hours only to tell you that you have 5 minutes with the Dr.

As usual, I was impressed with his memory of my specifics, the care he takes with every detail, and just his overall approach. It's impossible not to feel comfortable and trusting in this guy.

Anyways, he feels that botox is the best route here...especially considering how well it worked on my right side.

What was alarming is that Dr. Donahue feels that based on my scans that I have a very high level of compression going on. In his words, most people who match my unique anatomy end up having the surgery. That said, there's something about me that makes me get away with it and enables the botox to work. Still, this is scary. I wonder if this is really a ticking time bomb where I inevitably need to have the surgery. Could be in a year, five years, or who knows.

Will keep folks posted on botox and reaction to it. Hoping it can get done in the next week or so.
kyoun1e is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote