View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 07:14 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Warnings about Tylenol mixed with pain pills

Wow…the FDA is warning doctors to be careful about how much Tylenol is mixed with the pain pills prescribed embedded in the prescriptions…

I have read so many reports of liver damage due to overdosing of Tylenol…how does the drug company that produces this medication not get black-boxed for this danger?

Two of my pain pills I was prescribed after surgery had Tylenol. The home nurse and I talked at length about how much to ingest each day due to the dose of Tylenol in the med…I don't take Tylenol, and was alarmed to see it on the labels of these meds…I got off of one after a couple of days after coming home, and got off of the other med as soon as I could, even though it helped lessen the pain.

I know that one of the main issues post-surgery is pain management, and also avoidance of DVTs. That is why they don't allow you to take aspirin or NSAIDs along with the blood thinners they prescribe. It is worrisome, however, to see warnings on the news discussing how doctors now have to be warned about this problem…I wonder how this will pan out in the long run concerning how the FDA will deal with problems with drugs like Tylenol and organ damage/failure...
dmplaura (01-15-2014), ewizabeth (01-16-2014), ginnie (01-16-2014), JoanB (01-17-2014), KittyLady (01-16-2014), Mariel (01-16-2014), SallyC (01-15-2014), St George 2013 (01-16-2014)