View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 01:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default jraytn ask your head Dr about pachymeningitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by medstudent99 View Post
I am a med-student who has been suffering from 24/7 bilateral eye pain and frontal head pain for over 3 years. This constant, dull, soreness and sensation of pressure has become totally disabling and I've had to completely withdraw from school and almost all other activities. I have literally seen over 100 doctors all over the United States including Ophthalmologists, Neuro-Ophthalmologists, Neurologists, Neurosurgeons, NeuroRadiologists, and Cardiologists. I have taken a myriad of different prescription medications for the pain, but they only provide short-term 30% relief of the pain at best. I was diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension, but I have had shunt surgery to relieve the high CSF (cerebrospinal fluid) pressure. The pressure is normal, and the question is why am I still in pain?

I'm looking for ANY information that would lead to the resolution of the pain I experience. I've been blessed with a loving family that supports me and cares deeply for me. *edit*
here is a link to a website my father and I constructed which has my full medical history

*edit*

Despite the burden of constant pain, I will never stop fighting and searching for an answer

God Bless,
medstudent99
ask your Dr. about pachymeningitis
jraytn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote