View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 06:18 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Speaking of catnip, you both probably know already that there is a catnip gene? Just as only some people have the "asparagus" genetic traits, only some cats have the catnip gene.

This cat has the catnip gene. She really gets "high" from it. I used to have a plant but now I just have the toys. I keep it around to try to make her less hyperactive. It does relax her, but not enough. lol

My experience with the cats I've known in my lifetime is the same, mrsD. My Himalayan and my Himalayan/Persian didn't chase living creatures. They loved to play, but were not at all interested in hunting. All the others who came from the pound were abandoned and kittens of stray cats I figure. This cat will actually alert us to things in the house. Giant Huntsmen especially. lol

mrsD, it's really hard to keep a cat inside all the time. Hard work. Once they get a sniff of what's out there and zoom. Sadly that's what happened to our little Isis, the Himalayan/Persian too.

There are those harness leads. I've seen them for dogs. That might work well if you're starting young.

Last edited by Lara; 01-16-2014 at 06:34 AM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (01-16-2014)