View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wink

Catnip! LOL

Weez is addicted to this... she begs for it. She even opened a pop top container last month. So we bought a new "organic" one in a small screw top jar. I can say, go to your bag....(her paper bag from the store where we put some into it)...and she will leave the room way ahead of me and sit on it waiting for the Catnip!

Maya on the other hand is not hot for it yet, even though she is now adult. The first time we had Catnip, she scrinched up her whole face in the funniest grimace and ran away into another room. Never have I seen a face expression like THAT ....LOL

So thanks for that info, Lara...she must lack the gene. She comes from a very different far away gene pool...too. She is from upNorth, which is hundreds of miles away. I think down here most the cats may be distantly related to each other by now.
So we adopted from up there...and certainly Maya is very different in many other ways too...behavior wise. She has quite big feet still, and flips them when she walks, like a lion does.
She is also very vocal... she has some sounds we have never heard before. She throws her voice like a ventroliquist and it echos in a strange way sometimes. Her upset voice is eh! eh! eh!... When we came home from a vet visit-- she ran around everywhere making the eh eh eh sound. I was worried she was having a vaccine reaction...(Tippy used to have those reactions and would become like that too when we got home from rabies shots). But this time Maya was just venting, I guess. Maya makes the eh eh eh sounds to tell us about Weezie needing help or to come in. (Maya stays on the screened porch when Weeze goes outside sometimes. We only let Weezie out in daylight because of the coyote warnings we have now.)

So my experience with other past kitties, really only helped in a minor way, with Maya growing up. I had to learn Maya-speak! LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (01-17-2014)