View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:55 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
That will be interesting. Stop your vitamins for a few days before you have work done. At least 5 days to a week should suffice.

See if you can get that MTHFR DNA test run....you might find some answers there.
Update:

I had my 4 hour health screening yesterday. It was rather interesting and covered:

1) General vitals and symptom review with a nurse ~ 30 minutes
2) Thorough symptom review and exam with doctor ~ 60 minutes
3) Computerized Electo Dermal Stress Analysis (CEDSA) with doctor ~ 30 minutes
4) Emotox Low Level Laser Induction Therapy with doctor ~ 10 minutes
4) Chiropractic Overview and Spinal Decompression with another doctor ~ 30 minutes
5) Blood draw for ALCAT / food allergy screening ~ 10 minutes
5) Initial Recommendations Review ~ 15 minutes
6) Checkout ~ 15 minutes

Overall, the main doctor I saw believed that all of my symptoms were very minor and not serious. He wouldn't even go as far to classify my tingling / numbness / pain as neuropathy since it has generally improved the last several weeks and is so transient. He suspected the majority of my symptoms are stress induced, exacerbated further by doing "what-if" and "worst-case" scenario conclusions thanks to the lovely internet, and even further exacerbating things by food allergies. He suspected my adrenal glands were toast, that my magnesium was deficient, and that my total B vitamin make-up was off. He felt my recent bloodwork looked really good, except the high B6, but that really didn't concern him much. However, we did do an additional blood draw. He first wants to see what food allergies I have. He had no concerns with my MRI results.

The CEDSA and low level laser induction therapy was completely new to me and really interesting. The CESDA revealed that my adrenal glands were toast, that I do not respond well to bread or sugar, and interestingly enough... that I do not respond well to magnesium, even though I need it. This machine could actually use the frequencies emitted by supplements and see how my body responds without me taking the supplements??? I'm not familiar with accupuncture or the technology... but it just blew my mind that this device could do this. Then the laser therapy sends the frequency signature of the allergens I'm being treated for into specific acupuncture points on the ear and body. This laser stimulates the meridians that correspond to the major organ systems and forms a positive association with the allergen. To me (as a left brain dominant engineer) this all seemed strange, but clients swear by it and I trust this doctor who took such an inordinate amount of time with me.

Recommendations:

1) Follow an anti-inflammatory diet
2) Determine which allergens are revieled via my blood work
3) Take the following supplements:

A) Adrenal Support. One capsul after breakfast and one after lunch. Serving Size is 2 capsules and contains (120mg Siberian Rhodiola Root Extract, 50mg Holy Basil Leaf Extract, 350mg Proprietary including Ashwagandha root, Holy Basil Leaf, Wild Oats, Schisandra Berry)
B) Chelated Magnesium. He said I'm ok to finish up the Magnesium I have now but would like me to switch. He said at least 400mg / day.
C) This stuff called Cellgevity which fights celuar inflammation, toxins, and free radicals. Two capsuls daily. Serving size is 2 capsules and contains (42.5mg Vit C as Calcium Ascorbate, 12.5mcg Selenium as Selenomethionine, 125mg RiboCeine as D-Ribose-L-Cysteine, 580mg Proprietary including Cordyceps, Curcmin, Resveratrol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape Seed Extract, Quercetin, Milk Thistle Extract, Broccoli Seed Extract, Aloe Extract, BioPerine)
D) This stuff called Cerenity which fights anxiety. Three capsules twice daily. Serving Size is 3 capsules and contains (50mg Vit C as Ascorbic Acid, 10mg Niacin as Niacinamide, 10mg B6 as P-5-P, 400mcg Folate as Quatrefolic-5-MethyItetrahydroflic acid glucosamine salt, 200mcg B12 as Methylcobalamin, 75mg Magnesium as DiMagnesium Malate, 5mg Zinc as Bisglycinate Chelate, 1000mg Inositol NF, 300mg Taurine, 100mg L-Theanine, 100mg PharmaGABA, 75mg 5-HTP)

I didn't have time to read all the ingredients before agreeing to take the supplements. When I got home and saw "B6 - 10mg" I literally dropped a brick. But, then I saw it was as P-5-P, so I'm assuming this is ok. I'm going to ask the clinic before taking though. My body responded very well to all of these via the CEDSA analysis...

4) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy - I totally agree
5) Neuroscience Adrenal test if I don't improve
UFGatorGuy20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote