Old 01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Grace,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I appreciate so much all the info. My sister, friend, and husband will have to take care of me. I too, have 2 dogs, and they will be a worry regarding hurting me in some way. They are not going to understand the restrictions.
Amazingly, I have a Pain Doctor who is an anethesiologist, and over the 2 years she has been seeing me for epidurals, we have become friends. If I cannot get out of pain, from the drug pump. I will page her. She will fix it. They have already been told morphine does nothing for me, so if that is all they have don't waste their time. Doctor assures me, he has something that will work. I have already told him I will call Colette if he doesn't.
I am 2 weeks away from surgery. Very afraid.

Grace

The majority of Pain Management doctors are anesthesiologist.
Morphine does nothing for me. I had been given morphine when my GallBladder was removed several years ago. It did not help my pain; but even tho I knew they weren't there, I did see bugs on the ceiling. When I had my fusion 8 years ago, the doctor's office listed Morphine as my being alergic. This avoids my getting morphine for pain.

I have had a few surgeries since. I have had the surgeries done at the same hospital my Pain Doctor is associated with. He has been given the okay by surgeons to be listed as managing my pain. This has been great because so many medical people do not really understand treating surgical pain, along with ongoing pain being treated with the PM doctor.

I have asked, and have been given Fentanyl IV with the little button to push for pain when having my last few surgeries done. As previously mentioned , my PainManagement doctor is listed as the major doctor treating my pain. This has been extremely helpful in keeping me comfortable.

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 01-16-2014 at 04:36 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote