Old 01-16-2014, 04:54 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member
Default Susanne,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne C. View Post
Yes, Gerry, I should have edited addicted to dependent. Addiction is a psychological response and dependency is a physiological response.
I am on 30 mg MS Contin three times a day with 7.5 Percocet for breakthrough pain. I am supposed to start on Baclofen for muscle spasticity, but still waiting on Cigna pharmacy. I have hereditary neuropathy as well as spinal arthritis and the pain is unrelenting and distracting. I would have no quality of life or ability to function even in a limited sense without the meds and I am sure I would be a burden to my family.

There is really no relationship between appropriate and inappropriate uses of these drugs and it is hard for those of us already suffering from chronic pain to be further stigmatized by the assumption that there is.

As mentioned in a previous post, I am on 60mg Oxycontin every 6hrs. which equals 240 mgs. in a 24 hr. period. (I set my alarm for 6:00 a.m., along with the Oxycontin and a bottle of water to stay on the 6 hr. routine).

I also use the 7.5/325 Mg's Percocet for breakthru pain. I am prescribed up to a max of 4 per day. I have been using Vallium (diazapam) for muscle pain/anxiety, although it is not prescribed for the anxiety, but the muscle pain. It really has helped with the terrible shoulder and neck spasms I have had for way too many years. I actually got started with the combination of the Vallium with the Percocet (a few times a day, taken together) when I had my spine fusion surgery 8 yrs. ago. The nurse, at the time, told me they work better together. I have been taking 2 to 2 1/2 5mg's a day. The additional plus side of Valliium is the lessening of the neck/shoulder pain. I had not been able to lay on my left side for many years; now I can.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ElaineD (01-16-2014), hopeful (01-16-2014)