View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 07:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
cerebellarmaniac,

Welcome to NeuroTalk. Carrick's protocol is oriented mostly to structural issues related to traumatic brain injuries. Your injury is disease related and likely does not fall within his protocol. Although, some of his neurochiropractic protocols may help with ancillary issues you may be experiencing.

Carrick's clinic is expensive. I have heard starting costs of $8,000 to $10,000. He has established clinics in other locations.

As I said previously, his protocols may be helpful to some and completely useless to others. It is an expensive experiment.

Please tell us about the ongoing symptoms you are experiencing. What therapies and support have you received to help you accommodate them ?

I have a fine nystagmus in my left eye. It is almost imperceptible. It takes a trained eye to notice it. I also have memory and attention issues. They are much easier to address with work-arounds and other accommodations. Memory and attention issues should not stop you from pursuing a full life. Maybe I can give you some tips for work-arounds. Tell me about how your memory and attention issues manifest.

btw, My memory skills rate in the bottom 5 to 12% of the population so I have had some serious memory challenges to overcome.

My best to you.
Thanks for the response. I'm currently enrolled (since January 2014) at a outpatient rehab hospital and am meeting with an OT once a week. I am going to start an Attention Process Training Program next week. Additionally, I am likely going to work with a speech pathologist. This is in addition to a private neuro-physio work I am doing.

Luckily for me I am only 11 months post-op and am fairly young (23). However, it would be nice to know if there is any program out there that could help me out. I have reason to suspect that my vestibular issues might be responsible for, or possibly amplify, some of my cognitive issues. Perhaps Carrick's program will help my brain compensate (only one side was affected as far as I know).
cerebellarmaniac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hockey (09-07-2014)