View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 08:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Is this essential tremor?

Would this be considered Essential Tremor? I have tremors only when under stress such as in medical procedures [during prep for surgery, during an ER intubaton, during 2 different local hand surgeries, and once in a dermatologist's office during a lazier treatment - for all of these situations the nurse/doctor had to stop the procedure and inject me quickly with a medication to get it under control as my whole body goes into uncontrollable spasms]; when I have a high fever; and when scared [once when I was about 10 or 12 yrs old they had to stop a roller coaster to get me off as they thought I was having a seizure]. Other neuro related difficulties: When I'm tired I have trouble retrieving words, my voice becomes weak, and I get clumsy and have gait issues. I get shaky if I skip meals or eat sugary foods [hypoglycemic like reaction]. I have visual auras, frequently preceded by eye twitching with either no headache or mild headaches --recently, I have started taking Topiramate [Topamax] for this as regular migraine meds don't seem to help. By the way, this is nothing new. I am 70, but never been diagnosed.
Tummyache is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote