View Single Post
Old 01-16-2014, 10:56 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mrs. D. Would know far more about this but my understanding is that acetaminophen like caffeine is a potentiator- it makes the main medication more effective. I am trying to drink a cup of coffee each afternoon as well to try and maximize my medications, and minimize the fatigue they all induce. I have always been a tea drinker, but coffee has more than twice the caffeine.

It seems to me that the 325mg is a small dose compared with the 1000mg of a regular dose of extra strength Tylenol.

The warnings I have seen, and been given by my own doctor, center around combining Percocet thoughtlessly with NyQuil or alkaselter cold medicine, both of which contain large amounts of acetaminophen. I am not sure that if one does not take any additional acetaminophen that the amount in Percocet alone is a problem.

The reason for taking OxyContin or in my case MS Contin, is to keep a steady amount of medication in the bloodstream, reducing the need for as needed medication. They are time release, and doctors are advised to use them rather than shorter acting meds which can result in pain getting out of control.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (01-17-2014)