Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I think it is worth your asking your doctor for another family of
blood pressure control...

Lisinopril is unique in the ACE inhibitor family

1) it is not metabolized and is excreted as such in the urine.
For people with HAE...(angioedema) this can inflame the bladder

2) If you have lowered C-1 inhibitor levels, you can have serious side effects from this drug. Swelling of any body part, burning symptoms, dry cough, bladder irritation, shortness of breath, redness in the skin in various areas. (redness is less common than the other symptoms)

Of those symptoms only the cough or breathing issues, are typically understood by doctors. My doctor realized my problem because she had a CME (continuing education) lecture on this 2 yrs ago. But if doctors don't choose that topic when they do their CME for relicensure, they really don't know about HAE. Most of the research on it has been done in Europe and in the last 10 yrs.

A very young or newly licensed doctor may have had HAE in school or not depending on how up to date the curriculum is there.

Here is the first thread I made about my struggle with lisinopril:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/sh...ght=lisinopril

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.

Last edited by mrsD; 01-17-2014 at 07:49 AM.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-17-2014)