View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 06:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome aboard Riddler. If you have read my posts you know that I have not exactly experienced a straight line improvement of my PN in sobriety. I've been sober 5 months, not a drop, and fortunately mine was diagnosed as "mild", but despite initial improvement, I am really not much better off than I was a year ago. It is a long process, and if you haven't been to a doctor and had nerve conduction studies and so on, I recommend you look into that. You still may not know for sure if your PN is alcohol related, but at least you will know what the available science has to say about it. I am not at all sure they got mine right, but I am not diabetic, and I have been a heavy drinker for many years, so if it is not alcohol, then I am pretty much on a goose chase because it could be completely idiopathic. Personally, I think it is most likely the alcohol, and it is just going to take some time to see real improvement. Hang in there. Others on here have had better results, and hopefully you will too.
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (01-18-2014), kidwonder (01-18-2014), mrsD (01-19-2014), TheRiddler (01-29-2014), Wide-O (01-17-2014)