View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 08:13 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacy2012 View Post
I just wanted to add my opinion about a low TSH.

A low TSH is actually good if you are on medication such as NDT forms. There is much controversy about thyroid such as the likes of guide lines for B12, cholestrol and other topics. Do research before trusting one opinion on thyroid and what "normal" is. Normal is very difficult when it comes to thyroid since everyone is different. Most people find, when on medication, they feel best with a LOW TSH and a high end of the normal range for T3 free.

My TSH started at a 13 (very high) and is down to a 2 and I am due to get blood tests right now and am hoping for an even lower TSH. Most people at the forum I go to have a TSH of 0.5 to a 1 and if the T3 free is in the correct range feel great. It has something to do with TSH being more supressed when on NDT medications.

However, as MrsD said, a low TSH can be an indicator of hyperthyroid but you have to look at many other indicators. If my current dr suggests to me that my TSH is too low, with the knowledge I have learned, I will not continue with him if he chooses to reduce my medication.

I would not consider your tsh low until you know what your T3 free is.
Thanks for the info Stacy. All I've seen is my TSH and T4. I haven't seen my T3 and it sounds like that is a parameter I should request in my next blood screening.

All this blood work! :-)

I will say that my "hyperthyroid-like" symptoms such as being jittery, heart palpitations, elevated heart rate, etc have literally all subsided.

The ONLY thing I feel right now are small muscle fasciculations in my calves. They come and go throughout the day. They don't wake me up and I couldn't even demonstrate them for the doctor I saw Wednesday. They were literally non-existent that day. I have no muscle weakness from it. No fatigue. My reflexes are all fine. I just feel it's chemical due to it being so transient or maybe I have benign fasciculation syndrom?

I'm starting to get just fed up with all the possibilities and scenarios. That alone stresses me out, and the doctor I saw hammered me about this. I'm determined to find a name, cause, reason, prevention, but you throw muscle fasciculations into google and you've got MS or ALS, need ot go on disability, quit your job, buy mobility devices. He's like, "Son... deep breathes... you don't have anything serious... stop with the internet and your research!"
UFGatorGuy20 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote