Thread: statins
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:20 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Lisinopril is an ACE inhibitor....all of them increase bradykinin in the body, and if you have impaired ability to metabolize this away, then all of them will cause problems for you.

The others in the family are metabolized by the liver...and excreted metabolized. Lisinopril is not, and leaves whole in the urine. Active then to increase bradykinin in the bladder.

Bradykinin is a biogenic amine, and causes vasodilation in tissues everywhere. In my case it is mostly my GI tract that reacted to this, but also my face, hands, feet, and tongue...sometimes my throat closed down, but not completely...so I made strange noises in my larynx. (a hoarse squealing sound--mostly at night).

Normal people have adequate enzyme C-1 inhibitor to remove bradykinin, but people with a genetic error cannot so it builds up and in some cases (20-30%) can kill you eventually. Most doctors will take you off ACE drugs if you get the cough. I didn't have the cough much, but I sure did get a devastating reaction finally which I wouldn't wish on anyone! It can sneak up on you, or happen early in therapy. It can happen anytime in fact.

I would try and see if the spironolactone is enough for now.
There is very little evidence that statins do anything positive for women.
Here is the link on those stats:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/post1002533-6.html

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (01-17-2014)