View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 01:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question about minor fingertip injury/numbess

Hey guys.

So Im not 100% positive this is actually an injury, but I was doing intensive scalp massages, pressing hard with fingers, for about 2 weeks (for increased blood flow, scalp/hair health etc) and on the 3rd week I noticed the index finger tip in my right hand started to go a bit numb. I decided to stop, it came back, and I decided to go lighter the next time around, but it came back again. This was all around 2 weeks ago. I honestly thought it was such a minor thing that the sensation would have definitely come back by now but it hasn't.

The thing Im concerned about was that there were 3 days during these last two weeks of me waiting for sensation to come back where I drank pretty heavy (weekends, football, you know). 2 of those days were back to back. I honestly didnt think much about it effecting healing as I felt the "injury" or w/e was so minor.

Anyways, now Im concerned the drinking somehow impaired healing as I have not regained my sensation... I mean, it was just a matter of pressing heavily on my scalp with my fingers and it is on only one little spot on the tip of my index finger, nothing more. I am not diabetic. I really dont drink at all during weekdays, only some on weekends, and am pretty healthy.

Just cant understand how such a minor numbness hasnt returned? Am I in danger of this being permanent cause I drank during the healing stage? Any thoughts?

Thanks guys..
john1960 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote