View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 08:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibbs577 View Post
My husband and I have been married since 1971 we separated in 2008 but not legally,I applied for ssd and was approved due to health problems I receive a total of 805..00 a month pay rent somewhere else while him and his girlfriend are living in my house well they now have 2 children he is 62 yrs old and is applying for ssd also so am I to understand that he will get ssd for himself and checks for his children one is 4 yrs and the other is 6 months old his girlfriend works full time so will mean that with the 2 children as depentents and her working they will be living on his benefits and his dependents benefits and her work earnings they will be living on more than $2,000 a month more than I do since I get only$800.00 a month and we are still married is that fair,or am I entitled to any part of his ssd payments as his lawful wife still could someone please answer this for me I know it is a difficult question but I need to have some kind of help here.thank-you for taking your time also the house is paid for as his parents left it to us and we are both on the deed no mortgage payment to have to pay while I pay rent and for my upkeep out of my ssd because I did most of the working in the marriage and now he will live better than I ever did please help with an answer,
D
I
Paying Social Security benefits has nothing to do with 'fairness' and everything to do with what the law allows.

You probably don't want to hear this, but you also had the choice of marrying a younger man who has a job and with kids (not sure of your age and yes, women have biological clocks that men don't have) so you could have been in the same situation as him and then possibly getting more money to live on each month.

Social Security will not pay you any of his benefits unless you can be entitled as his age 62 spouse, his age 60 widow or surviving divorced spouse, or as a young spouse who is taking care of his minor children. And then only if you can get more on his record than you can on your own. This new shackup honey can't be paid anything as a spouse since she is not. But she also does not owe you any money for your support. So her wages are a non-issue.

You could file for divorce or legal separation and see if the family court will order him to buy you out of the house you own jointly. Family court, divorce court is the venue that will consider the fairness of your situation. You need a divorce lawyer.
Janke is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (01-17-2014), Mz Migraine (01-18-2014)