View Single Post
Old 01-17-2014, 09:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I went to Georgia, and it's carricks top doctors he himself travels the world and gets people out of comas, true story

QUOTE=cerebellarmaniac;1044071]Thanks for the response rjbillsfan2013. One last series of questions. Which clinic did you go to? Was Carrick present?

There's a program on Canadian TV called The Nature of Things. There was an episode from two years back called The Brain That Changes Itself that I highly recommend. Incidentally, it was hosted by the author of said book.

The episode is about neuroplasticity and neurological recovery. It also covers the tongue thing you talked about. However, unfortunately you might need a Canadian IP address to watch it.

*edit*
Unfortunately most doctors I have encountered (in Canada) are not into / educated about neuro-rehab. Most of them simply tell you to rest. For example, my family physician said only people with severe head injuries are referred to rehab programs.This simply isn't true. My neuro-surgeon was able to get me into a highly regarded rehab hospital.[/QUOTE]
rjbillsfan2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote