View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 04:26 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hello Liz!

Welcome Aboard! It's great to have you.
You've surely come to a great place for 'real people' talk.
You'll get a realistic array of testimonies here.

I agree with what Nanc said about the people who have had problems with their units. They are more prone to coming on board to seek input as opposed to those who have had no problems, thus no need to seek help. But no matter if the stories are good or not-so-good, it's good that they have come on boards to share and it's good to know the realistic array of testimonies.
I am just so grateful to have this site to come to because the support here is wonderful and I am so grateful for those who have stuck around to continue sharing their experiences for the benefit of new people who come here.

It looks as tho you've done much research on this which is very wise. Even tho you didn't seem to get a whole lot of relief after your SG Block Injections, the fact that you got 'some' relief is a good sign that you'll respond favorably to the SCS. Take advantage of the trial! It will give you a pretty accurate idea if this is right for you.

The SCS can be a great avenue to getting a better quality of life back. Certainly the case with me. I get about 70% relief from the horrible burning pain in both legs and lower back. I would have lost my mind if I had to go on battling the raging RSD. Yes I've had to go in for a revision and yes I battle spasms, but to me it has definitely been worth it not to have so much pain as before. Most SCS's need ongoing maintenance, especially at first, but once the programs are set right and if you've been very careful to mind the post-op restrictions, you could be the next great testimony.

Please stick around as you go through the process. We'll be with you the whole way.

Rae
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-26-2014), Mark56 (01-20-2014), Nanc (01-18-2014), PamelaJune (01-18-2014)