Thread: ~Remission~
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question ~Remission~

Back after long absence. I had to re-register to get back on.

I have been in remission for about six years, something I never had reason to believe was possible. Do not give up hope! It's your strongest ally through the hell you may be enduring.

My RSD resulted from a major stroke and involved my right side: hand, shoulder, leg, foot. Flaming, burning pain, swelling of extremities - red, hot, shiny, painful. Between the effects of the stroke and the RSD, my life was a terror.

Do not give in. I will be glad to answer your questions but answers will be based on my experience only.

I'm here now because I am afraid to submit to a toe amputation for fear the trauma will set off the RSD again, which for my foot, got set off from prior toe surgery two years after the stroke. All the joints were sawed off and steel pins inserted for 11 weeks. The subsequent pain was beyond excruciating for many years.

I have continuous pain from spinal stenosis, badly torn rotator cuff, surgically messed up foot, arthritis, but not the RSD pain. After a short stint of fenatanyl?, doc just switched me to Butrans patch. Much much better! Though I don't know if it's useful for RSd pain. I feel much better this week.

My foot needs surgery, really more extreme than the toe getting lopped off, but I have not proceeded. Least that can be done is the 2nd toe comes off or at the minimum, the broken end comes off. I can't get any assurance that the RSD would not flare up again, so I just go day to day, having difficulty wearing shoes, standing or walking.

So, any questions or comments?

~Remission~-p1730669-version-2-jpg Belted Kingfisher - male
~Sage~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moosey2me (02-26-2014)