View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 10:38 PM
Newly Joined

10 yr Member
Newly Joined

10 yr Member

I am in Cardiac Rehab. 3 times a week where I do aerobic type excercise to strengthen my heart. I also go to PT outpatient 2 times a week for my back and that's usually strengthen type. I'm 48 years old so no senior center for me yet. I know trying to be active is a help. My Neurologist, family doctor, and cardiologist all want me to get congnitive therapy. It's just the woeker's comp. system that slows everything and I'm afraid of losing more time without therapy.

I heard that I only have around 12-14 months for brain to re-learn what it has lost. It's been a little over 5 months now and I am afraid of losing that windowof time. I'm overwhelmed when I go out of my house especially to bigger places, too much things going on. I do stuff like try to hang my coat in refrigerator instead on on hook behind door. I forget to brush my teeth or take a bath sometimes for days. I sometimes have mixed up my meicataitons when i am putting them in orginizers even though I use a list of my meds and which container it belongs in ( morning or night).
I can't find words in my head I need to use when I talk or write and it takes me time to find the word or describe what I mean. It takes time to write this although writing is easier than talking. My speech is still slurry especially when i am more tired.
amira565 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote