Thread: ~Remission~
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 08:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and welcome back!

Wow that's amazing that you've had remission for six years. I understand your fear of further surgery though, I'd be freaked out as well...

What kind of doctors have you got behind you, and do they 'get' you situation? Is there any chance of them meeting up and discussing a plan for your surgery? I've read research that believes that if the pain in the affected area is really controlled before surgery, and then after surgery (using a continuous epidural if necessary) then the risk of further CRPS pain and spread is greatly reduced. Something to do with the pain signals being turned off in the brain, in that area where the CRPS is actively overdoing your body's response to injury. That means that your pain centres kind of snooze through it, rather than being on high alert and ready to overreact. If you know what I mean lol.

You can also take Vitamin C 500mg daily before and after surgery to help reduce the risk of spread, pretty low-key, but it has been proven to help, and doesn't do any harm.

Take care of yourself, and I hope you have a good day today.

Bram.

Coeliac since 2007.
Patella femoral arthritis both knees.

Keep smiling!
Brambledog is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Allanira (01-19-2014), moosey2me (02-26-2014)