View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hey I've had CRPS for 10 yrs also and have had 2 successful pregnancies. I didn't have a diagnosis with the first but did with my 2nd. My youngest is a month old on the 23rd. I went almost completely off treatment while pregnant because I didn't want the meds to mess with my LO. I went imto remission with my first son and didn't with my youngest son. So there is a possibility you will too. The research on SCS and pregnancy says not to use it during first trimester because of the possibility of miscarriage. I've done the research when I learned I was pregnant again. I would lower the amount of meds you're taking and see how you feel. I would see if you can mgo I n something besides duladid for break through pain also. I was on lortab 5/325 mg and just took it for when I really needed it. I got off the gabapentin 400mg completely because there wasn't enough research about it and pregnancy. I have restarted treatment just recently. I am now on Lyrica 75 mg 2x a day and getting a ketamine compound cream and neurologic supplement. I would also see if they can put you on something like that if you do get pregnant because it has a lower chance of messing with thebaby. I wish y all the luck in the world. I love my 2 boys even though I really hurt with my new boy. Also make sure if you have a C section they do a very dense block to help with it not spreading to the incision site. Also take vitamin c during and after pregnancy. It is supposed to help it not to spread. Start taking prenatal vitamins now also. I had a nice normal birth with my oldest son. The anesthesiologist was very good when I got my epidural. He was quick, and gave me a very deep block. So no spread when I got an episiotomy for his birth. For my youngest I had a C Section and even though I'm have been taking 6000mg Vitamin c I think I am having spread. Get a 2nd opinion before you have an SCS done. It sounds like this Dr is just out for money not your best interest. There are other treatments you can try before going that route. Having an SCS put in is major surgery. Remember though everyone's CRPS is different. I really do wish you luck and will pray for you that you get everything you want, and need. Oh also if you do decide to have a baby as soon as the baby is born pump your breastmilk. That way you can give the baby your immunity and help the digestive system. My son is on formula now so that I could start treatment again and be there for both boys. My oldest is 2 1/2 yrs and runs around a lot so I need to be able to run and play with him lol.
Allanira is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote