View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown Back from hades

The conus is located at T12-L1

My newest MRI has this statement, I don't know what it means. And this MRI is different than the one done 2 yrs ago. It shows less damage.

No T zones were done, only C and L zones. Where as the one 2 yrs ago had all 3 zones.

L4/5 biateral facet arthropathy, R sided annular tear present. Diffuse disc Bulge, very mild spinal stenosis at this level, no foraminal encroachment.
L5-S1 loss of dis height. No significant dis bulge or focal herniation, no protuerane on neural foramina.
Lumbar vertebral body heights and marro signal appear normal alignment normal, conus at the T 12-L1. Impression Facet arthropathy, annular tear L 4. L1-4 levels normal.

C3-5 mild disc bulge, hypertrophy is present on Left, left sided foraminal stenosis, right-sided foraminal narrowing. C4/5 greater degree of diffuse disc bulge, this is in clost proximity to spinal cord but down not compress cord. Biateral uncovertebral hypergtrophy is present with bilateral foraminal stay stenosis.

C5/6 diffuse bulge close proximity to spinal cord, no compression, bilateral hypertrophy present with bilateral foraminal stenosis. 2 mm anterior subluxation of C5 in relation to C6

C 6/7 minimal disc bulge 2mm anterior subluxation of C6 in relation to C7,

C7- T 1 normal

Impression encroachment at C3 right, C4 biateral and C5 biateral

The MRI from 2 years ago shows bone spurs, bulge at the T 11-12, annular tear. L4/5 compression fracture impinging on S1

The L4 annular tear is new, PT popped the disc I heard it, and felt the sting. By the time I got home I had pain radiating down my spine, through my hips, and down both legs. This has been an ongoing issue for a year before I could get a new MRI done.

I do not understand the big differences in the 2 sets of MRI's both done by different Neurosurgeons. I am in constant level 7-8 pain, can't take pain meds the cause drug induced GERD/IBS bad. Same goes for the Osteo drugs, they tore up my GI system.
Libby100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote