View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 10:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogo View Post
Yeah, seems to me this isn't the first time you have been not listened to (there was a lot of relationship drama with either the first shunt or a revision unless you never posted to one of the other mailing lists). Trying to *make* someone listen frequently causes them to dig in more, not less. Respecting another person's boundaries is the better response, not otherwise.
Figures you would say something like that. Negatively judge me before you know all the facts, really smart.

When it comes to simple emotions, I don't 'push the envelope'. But when it comes to someone's physical health, I don't mince words.

In April n' May 2012, she had been telling me about having headaches. I asked her about getting a pregnancy test. She discounted it, and I didn't push it. It turned out she was two months pregnant when I asked her about getting a pregnancy test. That very pregnancy was the cause of her hydrocephalus, nearly killed her.

In Nov.'02, my (ex)fiance was finally diagnosed with NPH as a result of having been physically abused as a child.

In Dec.'05, she slipped on 'black ice' while we were waiting for a bus. For the next eleven months, I fought with the doctors' about her shunt being busted. I finally had to take her to a new neurosurgeon. The moment he saw her scans, he nearly blew a gasket. He said I was right.

You may sit silently by when someone you care about is in medical trouble. I don't sit by and watch like my (ex)wife did, as I had a near-fatal seizure.
lcms0516 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote