View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Fortunately, I have not had a lot of joint pain recently. I did years ago when my Lupus was active and took prednisone. These days, with the SS, I only have joint pain now and again (thank goodness!) and take Ibuprofen. My rheumie gave me a small amount of Tylenol with codeine if I have exceptionally bad days (have only used once;don't really like them, but it did help) and I have Lidocaine patches (RX).l I have Sarno patches, which you can buy OTC. The patches aren't really for joint pain per say, but more for large areas of pain.

My neuropathy in my feet is mild...thank goodness, because when it was bad, it did hurt a lot. I haven't really tested it though, because I stopped exercising and sort of baby my feet. I swear by Kerasal NeuroCream, which can be purchased OTC. I use it twice a day and it has greatly reduced the discomfort in my feet. Only the new Neurocream works. When I try to exercise again, it might be a different story.

I think it is important to optimize our d3 and b12 intake and get mine tested rather frequently and take a relatively high dosage of both. I have tried very hard to reduce my sugar intake too...but mess up now and then. Working harder on that.

Yes, I am diligent about the dental care...I have heard repeatedly this is a must!!!! My chest pain is gone...but my cold lingered, turned into sinusitis and then bronchitis. I had a chest xray to rule out pneumonia, etc. I'm fine now....but the entire ordeal really lingered. I'm considering buying a vaporizer to use now and again when congested.

I have purchased an excellent air purifier for the home and use it daily, take chewable vitamin C, take much more if I'm around someone with a cold or have the smallest symptom of a cold or allergy and do the same with zinc lozenges. I also wash my hands much more frequently. And if I'm around someone with a cold, the second I get home, I change my clothing, and scrub my hands and face and take my extra vitamins. It sounds extreme...but I think due to the reduction of saliva...we are short of natural protective mechanisms and are more prone to colds and even worse...like bronchitis.

I avoid Prednisone these days. From taking it years ago, it caused me big problems down the road...so be careful!

Hang in there!!!!

Last edited by Vowel Lady; 01-20-2014 at 12:01 AM.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Synnove (01-21-2014)