View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Myersg,

Thanks for posting the x-rays.
You have a very large severe infection in the jaw bone surrounding both of these teeth. The fistula (boil) coming through the gum is caused by the bacteria from the infection as it is trying to find a way to release the pressure from the inflammation This is a large infection.

The bone is naturally thinner in this area of the mouth and quite a bit of it is infected. To keep these teeth means to keep this infection and the bacteria will spread. The more it spreads the more bone will be lost.

Replacing these teeth at this point will be difficult for many reasons. Without a doubt the healthiest option would be to remove these teeth and replace them temporarily with a removable partial denture called a flipper. It is best to have an oral surgeon remove these teeth and not a general dentist because the bone needs to be cleaned out very thoroughly of as much infection and necrotic tissue as possible.

Dental implants require solid, healthy bone in order to integrate properly. You do not have healthy bone in either of these areas at this time. There is a slim chance that you will be able to grow enough bone back to hold implants after the teeth are removed. The most important issue right now is to eliminate this infection and replace the teeth temporarily. In a few months the dentist can take an x-ray to see how the bone is filling in.

Depending on how the area heals, you may be a candidate for a permanent bridge. But this is something you would need to discuss with your dentist.

I know this is hard to deal with and finances may be an issue. But due to the severity of your infection, you should not wait on getting this taken care of. Please don't go to a dentist for the extractions because he is cheap.... you need an oral surgeon.

Bryanna

OTE=myersg;1044623]Thanks for the info. Being both teeth are in a row, and one of them is a front tooth, after (if) I have them pulled what would I do? being there would be a big gap in the front of my mouth from 2 teeth missing? what about fake teeth or something? how much would that cost about? (my dental insurance covers about 50%) of the cost of most stuff btw.

below is a photo of the xray, BEFORE they did the SECOND root canal. in the picture you can see only one has been done at the time. What are you thoughts from seeing that? do you think the tooth they thought was the problem was the problem? like I said, this xray is from after the FIRST root canal, and BEFORE the SECOND.

Attachment 7973[/QUOTE]
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote