View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Wallflower

So I went to the girls celebration of life, my friend went all out. We had an Official photographer and then biggest limousine I've ever seen drove the 12 of us up and down the coast and then to a lovely restaurant at the marina.

At about 3 pm my back seemed to "crack" I heard and felt it and The pain instantaneous causing me agony and tears, my friends got me a taxi and to home I went, straight to bed with a bucket as the pain was making me so ill. Knocked myself out again with Xanax. I Had my appt with the neurosurgeon anyway today and he took an X-Ray and has put me straight into hospital. My back feels like it is collapsing, the double fusion of last year all looks good but the L2/3 above the facet joints have blown out and he believes its what the problem is. My PM is coming in tomorrow and I spoke to my neurosurgeon also about the laminotomy and the paddle as the leads clearly are not working. So, I'm in here to get the pain under control and it's possible I will have another fusion and or get the laminotomy done and paddle inserted. My rep is coming to see me tomorrow also.

There is a part of me that wants both done, the fusion will fix the lower back L2/3 and it's referred hip pain and the laminotomy and paddle insertion will fix the arm/hand and thoracic pain. I was so bad, I was crying and saying the taxi won't take me as they will think I'm drunk. But my girlfriends were splendid they waited with me, put me in and explained to the taxi driver to take me home, or if I changed my mind hospital. And the taxi driver even offered to walk me to my front door. I had no sleep the night before as it was paining me but I was determined to go and see the girls. And as much as I'm in pain, I would do it again, it was lovely to see them and we got some wonderful photos and created new lovely memories.

They've given me endone 10mg, oxy 20mg and pethidine as I'm allergic to morphine nowadays. At present it's not touching the sides and I will have to buzz them again.

Hugs to you all, a very sad and sorry Pamela

Last edited by PamelaJune; 01-20-2014 at 06:18 AM. Reason: Spelling
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-20-2014), ger715 (01-20-2014), Mark56 (01-20-2014), moosey2me (02-10-2014), Rrae (01-23-2014)