Thread: statins
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 11:04 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default statins

I can't take them, husband does, the doc put him on Provastin 80 mg, it stopped the leg cramps the Liptor caused. Then he stuck him on Whelcol 6 horse pills a day. His Tris are down, but not from the med, he lays off SWEETS and CARBS 2 weeks before his next doc visit, so it fools the test. Whelcol is one of those I can't take, gout symptoms on 1 pill a day, at the end of 5 days could barely walk from the hip and toe pain. Can I suggest a type 2 Diabetic diet, It has lowered my Tris in half from 300 to 130 no pills I have to take. Just watch high sugar fruits and carbs. Just don't over do the proteins, as they can cause muscle issues. I have FMS so I have to watch all meds and the amount of protein I consume.

I freeze the fish oil caps, and it lessons the nasty burps, etc. Instead of buying the more expensive Krill oil for my husband. It is not one of those things I can take, allergic to sea food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanchine View Post
But rather than start yet another thread I figured I'd throw this query in since it's about statins.

Finally convinced my doc to let me try life off Lipitor to see if my PN would improve as a result. I've been on the stuff fairly continuously for more than 15 years and have had PN symptoms for maybe 2.

My question: if I'm going to notice any improvement, what do folks think is a reasonable ballpark for when I might expect to see it?

My thanks to all.
Libby100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote