View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 12:28 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby100 View Post
Ok, need to know if you are taking the generic form of Synthroid? there is a big difference between the generic and the name brand, cost difference is that great. Generic has more side effects, and does not work as well, or come in as many strengths as the name brand. I'm Hypo Thyroid. And had been under treated for years. SEE an ENDO not your PCP for treatment. Your Thyroid is the master gland in your body and controls all other glands.

Had to get off mine for 2 weeks for a ENT test, and the joint and muscle pain was out the roof in 2 days.

As to the Gabapentin or lyrica about the same drug, I react badly to them. Could be some genetic to as my elder son has the same reactions for his PN.

There most definitely is a difference between the generic and the brand name Synthroid.

My endocrinologist originally had me on the generic. He has me get a blood test every 4 to 5 months for throid. Eventually, he said I needed to get my medication for my throid increased. I informed the doctor I had read that the generic for Synthroid should never be used. There is quite a difference.

I asked my doctor to write a new scrip using Brand Name Only....Synthroid, which he did and asked him Not to increase the prescription; but to see if using Synthroid instead of generic made a difference.

After three months, the doctor had me get more blood work. Using the Synthroid.....I Did Not Need to Increase my prescription. Since using Synthroid and not generic, I have been on the same prescription without an increase for the past couple of years.

Gerry
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote