Thread: ~Remission~
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 03:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Welcome! I have a few questions (since you made the mistake of asking :-)
How are the stroke and the CRPS related? What happened to the toe? I'm so happy for you that you achieved a remission!!
omg! when I tried to post the detailed response I wrote to you, the forum had kicked me off. Chemar tried to help but eventually I gave up and went to bed. It was saved on the clipboard of this new Macbook but disappeared after I had to copy something from a NeuroTalk email a few minutes ago. I am trying to make a transition from pc to Mac.

So briefly, [QUOTE]RSD PUZZLE #55
STROKE AND RSD

Stroke can be the cause of pain in approximately 5-7% of RSD patients. It can be self-limiting as in most cases of central pain, or it can be persistent. Stroke (similar to heart attack) can be the cause of frozen shoulder and shoulder-hand syndrome, which leads to RSD.
/QUOTE] Just had to remove link to Hooshmand's page.

toes were so contracted that two years later, all the joints were sawn off and steel pins inserted for 11 weeks. That set off RSD terribly in the foot. The second toe end broke off when I dropped a litter pan on it and over the years, it has bent and turned upside down. Of course I cannot wiggle the toes free after I put them in a shoe so my foot is in continual pain from that and issues from the other toes as well.

I'm going to post this now before something happens again!
~Sage~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
moosey2me (02-26-2014)