Thread: ~Remission~
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 04:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilyfan View Post
Interesting, RSD from stroke.... Did anyone ever mention Central Pain Syndrome to you? It is also rare, but I believe stroke is the most common cause. However, I don't think CPS causes the hair and nail changes that RSD does. If you have CPS and not RSD, that might make a difference as far as spreading and your toe. You might do a little reading about it, see if it fits better than RSD.
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/c...ntral_pain.htm

CPS can also be caused by RSD, which is what my neuro thinks may have happened with me, and why I know a little about it. Me? I think the RSD just moved into my spine, as it has spread over time.

Sorry you are having to deal with this!
Thanks for this Daylily! Interesting. So, my spine surgeon never really came out and told me what happened . I figured out for myself that I had CRPS based on tons of internet search. However, after reading about the Central Pain Syndrome I wonder if that applies to me? I had an Artificial Disc in my spine that broke, and the metal was migrating towards my spinal cord. It was an extremely difficult surgery to get the broken device out of my spine, and I woke up with the CRPS monster in my bed (HaHa). I have "painful numbness" in my right foot and ankle along with the temperature changes, skin color changes, burning sensation, sharp stabbing zingers & muscle atrophy. I haven't heard anyone else here say they have the painful numbness as part of their CRPS. Now I see it in the description of CPS, so I feel more confused
Jan. 2005 L5/S1 discectomy and Artificial Disc Replacement.
July 2011 removal of broken
Artificial Disc Replacement.
Woke up in recovery room with RSD Monster.:

Aug 2011 Stabilization of spine at L3/L4/L5.
October 2014 Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Lottie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote