Thread: ~Remission~
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 05:38 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrae View Post
I have painful numbness. The largest area of numbness goes from right side of my calf to my toes. The right half of my foot. And also where the sciatica runs down the back of the thigh of that same leg is also numb. Some of the worst pain and spasms I endure is in that leg. I woke up from surgery with this numbness that has gotten better but has never resolved to normal again. Upon waking from surgery I also felt as though my ankle was shattered. Literally.

So, I'll co-sign the painful numbness part. Along with all those other things we deal with.
Vrae, that's why I'm so nervous about even a small surgery as in lopping off the end of a toe. From everything I've read, ANY trauma can set off RSD. And no surgeons we're likely to get know much about it, not enough to make me comfortable anyway. A stroke IS brain trauma and discectomies are definitely trauma.

The lightning bolts of pain that enter my toes can cause my leg to fly up in the air. Peripheral Neuropathy. That happens much less now but is still often the result of removing a shoe and my foot is screaming, even without the lightning bolts.

Can you describe a bit more about painful numbness? I'm wondering if my foot qualifies...
~Sage~ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote