View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Heart Neuro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam, I am glad to hear you went to the "celebration". Your friend went way out to make everthing so memorable for everyone there. And, most of all, you will be present in the pictures taken. But.....

So sorry you had to leave in such terrible pain. From what you say, sounds like the fusion is a must. Even tho your neuro does not do the paddle; has he mentioned whether he feels the scar tissue might still be an issue possibly making the procedure unsuccessful??

Sure am praying you will be guided to make decisions that will work most to eliminate much of your pain.

Gerry
Hi Ger, my neuro said the other neurosurgeon (Dr Holthouse) who is also a PM is a good bloke, but I said I would prefer him (Dr Malone) to do the laminotomy and paddle insertion and he has said he may be able to do it with my PM (Dr Finch) alongside. They want to get the pain under control first so on arrival 2 x 10mg Endone and 30 min later pethidine as I've developed an allergy to morphine then 4 hours later another 2 endone along with my night meds and then OxyContin at 11pm and pethidine during the night. I've just had another pethidine injection. So even with all those drugs my spine is weeping still. Any movement hurts and it feels like it's collapsing.

They are working hard to eliminate the pain, my husband visited last night and explained to the Dr that for the last three nights bar Saturday where I didn't sleep at all I've knocked myself out with Xanax and even though knocked out, I've been crying in my sleep and in terrible pain. I had no idea as I was non compos... I hope he managed a good nights rest last night with me gone as he looked shattered. He left work early so he could get here, dropped the dogs at home, quick water and food for them and came straight here. Funny how when people see the uniform they suddenly become self conscious. The nurses and visitors seeing him were all agog.

I so wonder what today will bring, I can't go on like this and in my own mind I think the laminectomy and fusion of L2/3 will fix the problem and while in there do the laminotomy and insert the paddle so I can get better pain control with the stim. The Mount hospital staff are splendid and nurses must all have caring as their middle name!

Well wishes
Mark, I hope your recovery is still going well. Eva, I hope you can begin to say NO and find some inner peace. Becky, I hope your stim is still going well. Wingy, I hope you have managed some gentle journeys to the local pub. Gerry, I hope your stresses are abating, Nance, I hope post op is coming along well. HB, no falls or trips I hope and Rrae, life is being kind to you. So many other names to recall but the pethidine injection they just gave me is kicking in, ooh just remembered Pooh, hope the long drive back passed in a flash overridden by fabulous memories.

Last edited by PamelaJune; 01-20-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: Wording
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (01-20-2014), ger715 (01-20-2014), Hannabananna (01-21-2014), Mark56 (01-20-2014), moosey2me (02-10-2014), Rrae (01-23-2014)