View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I don't know anything about that website or their services. I'll have to check it out now.

I wonder what the customer, who used their services and made that quote, had for an experience.

It seems to me that the "interest" of such a company is to help you get benefits, which also happens to be in YOUR best interest. I'm not seeing a conflict there.

Certainly, if someone had to pay for the legal help in securing SSDI benefits (now a max of $6000), it does "hurt" when you think about how much nicer that back pay check would be if it were $6000 bigger. I could have used the $5600 it cost me back when I applied. I still look at it as totally worth it. Even if I could have eventually succeeded on my own, I don't know that I could have done the work to get the job done. My lawyer was the one who educated me that my FCR's were lacking and that I needed more specific info on there. I believe (as does my lawyer) that the new forms completed by my PCP, my neuro, and myself were what swayed the judge at my ALJ hearing.

When I started my claim, I hadn't yet met my neuro and I was in constant intractable pain. I could NOT have read through my medical records and understood what was there and what was missing, despite the fact that I was an RN and could have easily understood the issues before I developed RSD.

Despite their disabilities, there are MANY posters here that seem to have a lot better understanding of the process and ability to be proactive for themselves than I could have at that time. Now my pain levels are more manageable. If I were doing it again now, I might make a different decision and try to do it all on my own. At the time I was applying, I could not have done it without help.

Trying to save that $6000 is a personal decision for each person that applies and one answer does not work for all.

If you can get that help FOR FREE......that's a no brainer for me. I just can't understand how free help could go against your best interests in this situation.

Gee, this looks like a great place to sit and have a picnic with my yummy bone !
finz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Hopeless (01-20-2014)