View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Trying like the rest of you

I want to thank those who have shared information and their personal experiences on this forum. I have been struggling with PCS for a short time (about two months) and after reading other's post I realized that what I am going through isn't: isolated, as bad as others, and might be temporary. That gives me hope.

A little background;

I was hit with an elbow at work (I work in corrections) by an inmate. The initial impact wasn't hard from what I remember and thank goodness I didn't lose consciousness and especially the ability to defend myself and my partner. As with some other PCS cases, the symptoms progressively have gotten worse and worse. Before finding this site, I tried to exercise moderately and when my workman's comp doctor cleared me for work, I thought I could handle a 3 mile run (even though I still had symptoms). That was not a good idea.

I find this forum and find out that I might be doing more harm than good by not letting my brain heal. My private neurologist diagnoses me with PCS. Now I am in this epic (not really but it feels like it) battle with my workman's comp doctor and adjuster. It seems like the workman's comp issue has been the biggest headache of all the ones I have been getting.

So right now, I am trying to change my doctor, trying not to read to much into anything, and hoping the MEDS start kicking in soon.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for posting.
Hiatus619 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote