View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hi Skippy feet and St George

This neuropathy really is a pain! I feel like I am walking barefoot on pebbles most of the time. Skippy, I am not sure who suggested a knee replacement or why it was recommended but one thing that I did feel with neuropathy was pain up the sides of my legs and tightness at the front then the back of the knee. I see a physio for exercises and massage, a podiatrist (who recommended richie braces), my GP, my oncologist and a great neurologist who put me into Intragam. Intragam is a clear blood by product so it is not toxic. It protects your nerve endings as they regrow. I am now 10 months down the road from chemo (ovarian cancer) and 9 months down the road being treated with Intragam. I have definitely improved - balance, walking strength and reduced swelling in feet. I haven't worked since Feb 2012 and there are days when I feel like I have fallen into a deep pit. My hope is to be walking normally by July 2014. I will keep checking in until I reach my goal! Let me know how you are going. Best wishes aggie
aggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-22-2014)