View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you

Thank you for the opinions and support! I am trying three more sympathetic blocks and seeing other pain management doctors to get there opinion as well. I am just worried about what they can do if I am in remission, and have a relapse due to swelling in my ankle during pregnancy, are any of the typical treatments even an option then? Can they do surgery or blocks during the 9 months and what drugs are possible safe? I am very moody on other pain medications, and felt like oxycodone was likely to be very addictive. I am myself personality wise, with the diludid and don't feel a high. It also lasts longer. I have never had a problem stopping it in the past, but it still worries me. They upped my Lyrica to the highest possible dose of 600mg, and it does seem to help, but does not sound safe for pregnancy. I keep seeing posts about Vitamin C, but none of my doctors have recommended that to me. What and how does that help? How long does it take to recover from SCS surgery? I am 5 foot 5, and about 130 lbs. I don't think there is much room for a stimulator any where except my abdomen, where have most women have them placed? So many questions....sorry. Also curious about how much of the SCS was covered by most peoples insurance. If it costs $100,000, will I owe 20% on most insurance plans. I will not be able to pay $20,000 out of pocket. Again thank you! I can't believe I did not find this site earlier, such a wealth of knowledge.
mlerae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote