View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 09:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I got rsd a few months before my son started college. He is twenty now and finishing college this year. He is going to start working and have his own apartment soon. So he is not going to be home much more. He's all grown up and starting his own life. When he does come home he is very self sufficient. But I find that even sitting with him for dinner and watching tv takes its toll on me because of my rsd. I feel constant burning and aching pain and stiffness even with my meds. They help, but don't take the pain away completely. All I want to do is lie down and put the heating pad on. But I push myself to sit with him because I know the time I have with him is so short and I miss him so much when he's gone. I try to cook him his favorite meals, but I find that that's even difficult to do. I tire very easily and trying to pick up an oven stuffer chicken to clean is very painful for me. I almost dropped it and had to have my husband help. I thinks kids are the greatest, but personally, if I had rsd before I had a child or when they were young and still living at home, I don't think I could handle taking care of them with rsd. Adoption would probably be my second choice. But everyone is different and maybe your rsd will go into remission. I hope that whatever you decide, you can find happiness and joy in your life with your husband. Take care. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Sincerely, Renee.