Thread: RSD Spread
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 02:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD Spread

Well so much for a happy new year. My pm drs NP and new rheumatologist both said that they believe I have rsd spread. Rheumatoid was ruled out last week. My rhuem dr noticed the excessive hair growth on both of my arms. I noticed them about a month ago and was going to ask my pm dr on my next med check, but saw her first and she said it was probably rsd spread. I have had burning in my rsd wrist and my other wrist and both feet for the past few months and limited range of motion in my left wrist and right hip lately. The spread has gone down my right hip, leg, knee, ankle, foot and toes and to my left foot, toes, ankle, calf and hip. I have burning, redness, shiny skin on my left foot, swelling, limited rom, and excessive hair growth on both of my arms. I have osteopenia in my right hip, osteopersis in my both hips and dengerative disc disease in three spots on my lower back and neck per xrays my rheum took last week. I'm getting an MRI this week so she can check further. Tomorrow I go to my Gastroendo dr to see why my stomach is so bad. I already cancelled once because of fear of an endoscopy and what she may find, but I have to go because I can't eat too much without being nauseas. Hopefully it's just the gallstones and gallbladder that need to come out. Then I have to make an appt with podiatrist to check on the bone spur in my left foot. And I just noticed last night after feeling pain in my gums that I have another cracked tooth. This time it's the front one. And to top it off, I accidentally hit my head on a shelf in my deceased Great Aunt's house while cleaning out her closets and I have a really bad headache now so I'm contemplating whether or not to go to the dr to check for a concussion. (Like it's not bad enough to have go to her house knowing I will never see her again.) I'm sorry I'm whining alot, I just needed to vent. I know some of you are worse off then me, but the rsd spread is scaring the heck out of me. And when I told the NP at my pm drs office last week about what she thought, she said she thought I probably have spread too but to wait until spring (when it's warmer out) for that. I can't wait for my pm dr to come back from vaca so I can ask him. I really didn't care for her response. Why would I want to wait. It may spread more by then. Well, I see him next month so hopefully he'll have a better answer. In the meantime, I'm trying to take things a day at a time, keep my emergency rsd flare kit and list nearby, and pray a lot. Thanks again for listening to me whine. Sorry again for complaining. I hope you are all having a better year then me. And hopefully things will get better for me too as long as I hold onto my faith. Take care.
PS: My rheum told me that she thought fentonol patches (sp?) might be better than percocet for long term chronic pain like rsd. I was wondering if anyone has tried the patches and/or percocet and which one they think helps more with rsd pain. Also what side effects they may have. I told my NP at the pm drs office last week I wanted to try weaning of my percocets anyway because of their side effects and brain fog, and she said to wait until spring for that too. I think I'm going to just see my pm dr from now on and ask him what he thinks, but any advice that any of you may have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for listening.