View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 03:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissiffer4 View Post
Hi,

I have been in considerable pain for the past couple of weeks with left radiculopathy. My doctor sent me for an MRI and I got the results back today. I am Male, 37 and with a couple of young kids absolutely terrified about the prospect of surgery . Currently, the pain is severe through my left shoulder and left arm and I have had pins and needles in my left index and middle finger for the past week.

Any feedback really would be much appreciated, because I am really scared about this:

C2-3: Negative

C3-4: Negative

C4-5: Negative

C5-6: Posterior osteophyte disc complex is demonstrated. Mild central stenosis is noted. Severe bilateral foraminal narrowing is present, greater on the left.

C6-7: Spondylitic changes are present. Posterior osteophyte-disc complex is noted. A left paramedian disc protrustion is present.

C7:T1: Negative

IMPRESSION:

1. Spondylitic change at C5-6. Mild central stenosis is noted. Severe bilateral foraminal narrowing is present.

2. Posterior osteophyte disc complex at C6-7 with small left paramedian protrusion noted.

Thanks everyone. I am going with the assumption that surgery is going to be necessary, but is it as scary as I imagine it to be and might these problems be resolved with it?

Cheers
Hi,

Your findings and symptoms were very close, but not the same, as mine. I had a C5-6 fusion and anterior plate in January 2008. Post-op pain was not all that bad....certainly only annoying at 1 month post op. All symptoms directly from that injury and resultant surgery did well for me and I am happy with it. I have no regrets!
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote